Am I a cyberbully?
Your use of technology and devices can have an effect on other people’s experiences online. You might not mean it, but things you say and do online could leave other people feeling upset, hurt, embarrassed or left out.
So are you a cyberbully? Answer yes or no to the questions below to find out.
- Have you sent an email or message from someone else’s account?
- Have you pretended to be someone else online, or set up a fake profile?
- Have you posted an embarrassing picture or video of someone else without their permission?
- Have you forwarded private instant messages, snap chats or emails without permission of the sender?
- Have you signed up someone else for something online without their permission?
- Have you used someone else’s password to log into an online account without them knowing?
- Have you used insulting language in an interactive game room?
- Have you voted in an online poll that was created to embarrass or humiliate someone?
How did you answer?
Mostly YES –
Oh no! It might be time to re-think how you act online. Be careful not to be a bully or contribute to bullying online. Read our list of Do’s and Don’ts to find out some important Cyber-Rules.
Mostly NO –
Great job! Keep up the positive use of technology and devices, and encourage your friends to do the same.
Think before you post! Never comment on or forward posts, images or videos that may intimidate, embarrass or hurt someone’s feelings.